The Master Cleanse Diet seems to provide great results for many, but can you really do it? Will you get those same results?
If you have been reading online testimonials you may be excited to experience these amazing results for yourself. Who wouldn’t want to lose weight, gain more energy and look and feel healthier than they have in years? All in just a matter of 10 days!
Ahhhh, but there is a catch – first you have to get through it. Many people that start the master cleanse give up too soon because it’s too hard.
The key to being successful on the master cleanse is to follow the same methods that are used by the people that have already done it successfully. You will need to have some type of guide to help you through the process. I used the Master Cleanse Secrets Guide by Raylen Sterling, but you can also pick up a copy of the original book by Stanley Burroughs.
Keep reading to learn more about the Master Cleanse. Or if you want to see details of how I survived the master cleanse, head on over to my Master Cleanse Journal where I give a day by day account of my experiences during my 10 day cleanse.
What is the Master Cleanse? The Program in a Nutshell
- Also known as the Lemonade Diet or the Cayenne Pepper Cleanse
- You will drink a special concoction of lemonade for 10 days
- No solid foods are allowed on the Official version of the program
- The lemonade will provide just enough calories for the day while also helping to remove your body of unwanted toxins.
- The added cayenne will help boost your metabolism, break up mucus and increase blood flow
- Use either a salt water flush (recommended) or laxative tea every morning to cleanse your system plus another at night to keep things moving
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day
How does the Master Cleanse work?
So now you know the basics but really, what is the Master Cleanse and how exactly does it work? The Master Cleanse cocktail was designed to clean your system while providing your body with the required calories & nutrients it needs.
It is especially good for people who feel sluggish, have general unexplained aches and pains, bloating and feel just plain unhealthy. These are all signs of a toxic body.
The good news is that by the end of the program you will feel so much better. The Master Cleanse works by first emptying your digestive track then cleaning your intestines, removing toxins and mucus buildup.
You will be consuming all liquid for the duration of the program, so once the solid matter is gone, the lemonade goes to work on all the sludge that has been building up in your system over the years.
Once you are free from all that toxic waste, your body is able to absorb nutrients much easier. You will experience a boost in energy. You will literally feel cleaner. And you will want to eat healthier since why would you want to go back to feeling bloated and tired all the time?
Of course, there are some nay-sayers out there who say this diet is dangerous. Just remember yogis have been fasting for hundreds of years. When done correctly for a limited amount of time, the benefits of a cleanse can be amazing.
The Benefits of the Master Cleanse
- Fast weight loss. Lose up to a pound a day, maybe more
- Rid your body of unwanted junk that has been clogging up your digestive track and slowing you down
- Enjoy increased energy levels & a feeling of well-being
- Break the cycle of food addictions to sugar & carbs
- Allow you to start a healthier diet with a clean slate
- Essentially press the reset button & return your body to its natural state of good health.
What to Expect While on the Master Cleanse
You will most definitely have ups and downs on the program. The first few days are the toughest. Most people seem to think day 3 is the hardest day of the master cleanse, since this is really when you start purging the bad stuff. For me it, the hardest times were the end of day 1 and 2, since the caffeine & sugar withdrawal was rough.
When you are going through a detox you may experience aches and pains or small skin breakouts. You may also have some cramping as your body is trying to remove all that build-up waste. It shouldn't last too long though. If you are a caffeine addict like me, expect to have a crushing headache at some point. This is all normal and just part of the process.
But once you get through those tough times it really becomes pretty easy. It seems odd, but you will get used to not eating solid food.
And the results you will achieve by completing this program are achieved so quickly. This can inspire you maintain healthier choices. In fact people claim to feel so good on the Master Cleanse that they decide to stay on it for longer than the 10 days.
However, it is a restrictive diet you will want to be careful not to slow down your metabolism if you choose to do this. Raylen Sterling talks about this in her Master Cleanse Secrets ebook.
In the book, she gives you step by step instructions on how to safely continue the Master Cleanse program in a modified fashion.
The Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet is a great program to kick start a new weight loss plan. While the main benefits are fast weight loss and detoxification, most people report even more fantastic results both during and after you finish the Master Cleanse.
What kind of Results do people get on the Master Cleanse?
Most people want to know exactly how much weight they will lose on the Master Cleanse. Of course this will depend on the person, the biggest factor being how much weight they have to lose in the first place.
Some folks have lost 20 pounds, while others only 5 or 6. But on average most people lose a pound a day when the program is followed correctly.
How does the Master Cleanse help you lose weight? That answer is simple. You will be consuming fewer calories. You will also have no solid matter in your body by the end of the cleanse. So while some of this weight loss is indeed fat, some is also waste material and undigested food.
But fast weight loss is only one of the reasons to try the master cleanse Another great result is the detoxification of your body. While the first few days are definitely hard, by day 4 or 5 you should start feeling pretty good.
Once you have cleansed your system, one of the more common Master Cleanse results is that you’ll feel more energetic and revitalized. That’s because all that gunk you had before from processed food, toxins and chemicals was clogging up your system. It will be like lifting a heavy burden from your shoulders, and now you can finally function normally.
- Have lost a good amount of weight - you may even fit into those skinny jeans
- Have a much flatter belly -no more bloat for you!
- Feel an overall sense of lightness and and have plenty of energy. Maybe just what you needed to start that new exercise program.
- Feel great about yourself for sticking with it and making it through to the end. It's a great accomplishment!
- Have better mental clarity and not feel so "cloudy" all the time
- Be ready to take on the world!!! Ha, ha OK maybe not the world, but at least the next week with confidence 🙂